Nam Vo, the creator of ‘Spies, Lies & Allies’ is leaving the game to pursue other projects. The game has been on hiatus since September 2018 due to “unforeseen circumstances.”
MTV Nam Vo (left) and Ed Eason (right)
A few contestants have departed this season of “The Challenge” without being eliminated, notably Tommy Sheehan in the most recent episode, and some of them have gone unnoticed by spectators. Nam Vo, who departed the program without witnessing an elimination for the second season in a row, recently spoke out to his fans about his departure from “Spies, Lies, and Allies.”
Many fans were relieved to see the German reality star return for the 37th season after his early departure due to a back ailment prohibited him from displaying his strength and wits in elimination previous season. During the first episode, Nam selected Michele Fitzgerald as his partner, although he was mostly absent for the remainder of the program, including when Michele was summoned to the elimination lair.
TJ Lavin stated after Michele’s victory that Nam had to leave the program and had been “deactivated,” but he didn’t say why. Ed Eason, star of “The Circle,” entered the game to take Nam’s spot. Nam went to social media two weeks after the program aired to discuss his resignation.
For the most up-to-date breaking news, rumors, and content, like the Heavy on The Challenge Facebook page!
Nam said that he didn’t want to reveal the exact reasons behind his departure, but he did share his thoughts on the subject.
“I got lots of comments regarding my departure from the past season of @challengemtv,” Nam posted on Instagram on August 25. I’d rather not discuss what occurred, but I appreciate all of the love and support I’ve gotten from you guys!”
He said that he didn’t want to get into specifics, but that his fans should “believe me when I tell you that it was one of the most difficult times I’ve ever had to go through.” I was really sad and crushed. I don’t want anybody to have to go through what I went through.” He stated, “I survived, I healed,” but he did not elaborate on his future on the program.
Several of Nam’s co-stars, including Josh Martinez and Kelz Dyke, sent supportive comments on his post. Devyn Simone and the official “Challenge” Instagram page both responded with love emojis, indicating that whatever prompted Nam’s departure did not result in bad blood between the reality star and the network.
Some of Nam’s co-stars commented on his departure, implying that it was due to COVID-19.
Despite the fact that Nam didn’t provide many information regarding his departure, several of his co-stars have spoken out about it, implying that it was related to a COVID-19 epidemic that started after shooting. After the season premiere aired, Michele Fitzgerald, Amanda Garcia, and Ashley Mitchell went on Instagram Live to say there was a COVID-19 epidemic among the cast and staff.
Tula “Big T” Fazakerley was the first star of the program to be ejected from the house, and then others got ill, forcing the show’s production to halt for a second quarantine between the first challenge and the first elimination, according to reports. “Three or four people received it,” Amanda added, before asking, “Did they ever explain why Nam… did he ever declare why he was gone or no?” No, her co-stars said.
Later in the Live, Amanda expressed her disappointment at the outbreak, saying, “One person actually had to leave the game for it.” “Poor Nam…,” Michele said. What happened to him last season and this season is really tragic. He informed me the day before we were going back in the home when I found out he had COVID.” Nam and MTV both denied that the virus was the cause of his resignation.
READ NEXT: Costar Slams The Challenge Champ: ‘Bottom Dwelling Trash Bag’
The Challenge is now much more intense.
More stories are being loaded.