Age of Empires 4 is a popular turn-based strategy game from Microsoft Corporation. Despite being one of the most played computer games on Steam, users are complaining that it runs out of memory quickly and doesn’t perform well when lag spikes occur.
The “age of empires 4 low ram” is a problem that has been present for a while. The solution to the issue is to reinstall the game and also, try installing more RAM.
So you’re getting an Age of Empires 4 Memory warning or a not enough ram problem, and you’re seeking for a solution to repair it.
Many gamers have reported receiving Age Of Empires 4 not enough RAM issues since its debut. Even if your laptop or PC runs Windows 10 and matches the system requirements for AOE 4, you may see a “out of memory” issue.
We’ve covered how to give Age of Empires 4 additional RAM to avoid not enough RAM issues in this post.
IN Windows 11, 10, and 7, UPDATE YOUR DRIVER
Use Driver Easy to update all the missing & outdated device drivers on PC for free.
Why Do We Need More RAM For Age of Empires 4?
When you have a PC that can’t be updated, at least for the time being, or you don’t have the funds to acquire a new CPU and RAM, you’ll need to assign extra RAM.
Extra RAM does not enhance the actual capacity of your computer; rather, it fools your system into allocating more memory to your selected game.
How Do I Fix Age Of Empires 4’s RAM Issue?
You must first minimize the CPU and RAM consumption to repair the Age of Empires 4 not enough ram problem. Follow the instructions below.
Disable the Steam Overlay first.
There’s a possibility you activated the overlay when you first started Age of Empire 4 on Steam.
Players may use the Steam Overlay to access their friend list, the web browser, chat, and in-game purchases. In-game latency might also be seen at the same moment.
To turn off the Steam overlay, follow these instructions.
- Start Steam on your computer.
- The Steam drop-down menu may be found in the top left corner.
- A new window will open when you click on Settings.
- Navigate to the In-Game tab on the left side of the screen.
- Uncheck the Enable Steam Overlay while in-game box, then click Ok.
Step 2: Ensure that all background apps, including Discord, are closed.
The more programs you have open, the more RAM you will utilize. The more space you utilize, the longer it takes for your PC to load.
You may have AOE 4 crashing troubles if you began playing games while Discord or other programs were operating in the background.
Before you start playing Age of Empires 4, make sure any unneeded background apps are closed.
Step 3: Use the Task Manager to prioritize the game.
You may use the Task Manager to give a certain process extra RAM. More resources will be allocated for AOE 4 as a result of this, preventing you from running out of RAM or memory.
Read How to Set CPU Process Priority for Applications in Windows 10 for more information.
Step 4: Increase the paging RAM manually.
If you’re experiencing problems with Age of Empire not having enough accessible memory, it’s because the Windows page file has grown to fill the virtual memory page file’s capacity.
However, Windows 10 maintains the Pagefile automatically based on the computer’s settings and available RAM. However, if you ever experience latency when playing or initiating a game.
The limit must be manually increased from 20GB to 30GB. To accomplish it, follow these steps:
- To access the Start button’s context menu, right-click it.
- Then click on System > Advanced system settings.
- Make sure you’re on the Advanced tab in the System Properties box. Under the Performance section, click the Settings option.
- Go to the Advanced tab in the Performance Options box. Under the Virtual memory area, click the Change button.
- Uncheck the Automatically manage paging file size for all disks option in the Virtual Memory box.
- Select the drive on which Windows 10 is installed from the available list. (In most situations, C.) Select the Custom size radio button from the drop-down menu underneath the list.
- Type the minimum and maximum size of the Pagefile in megabytes (MB) according to the physical memory available on your machine in the now-enabled sections.
- Then, after clicking Set, click OK.
- When you’re finished, restart your computer.
This is a problem that can occur in games with lots of assets. If you are having this issue, try turning off some of the graphics settings or using lower resolution textures. Reference: not enough ram for game.
Frequently Asked Questions
- age of empires 4 virtual memory
- age of empires 4 support
- age of empires 4 not launching
- age of empires 4 manual
- age of empires 4 graphics issues